Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bouncy Bands!

Bouncy BandsAs school counselors and teachers, we have a knack for employing tools and strategies to help students attend to task and which help them make academic progress. For the students who are fidgety, have sensory needs, or who just need something for their legs to do so that they can stay focused, a seat band was a strategy that my staff had often utilized. But our band "set-up" included tying the bands to our students' chairs. The bands often were not thick enough to hold the weight of the student legs (but easy to tie), they would often slide down the chair legs, and sometimes led to tripping/falling as students would get their feet caught up in the chair bands. A great idea, nonetheless -- 

So, quite some time ago, I was fortunate enough to receive a Bouncy Band to try out in my school.The Bouncy Band is unique in that it is affixed to the student's desk legs (it slides on) and PVC pipe keeps the band in place (doesn't slide down) the desk legs. Genius!

The Bouncy Band gives students the opportunity to "move" while working. One of my students told me that the Bouncy Band "...let's him get his leg energy out!" It is quiet and inconspicuous. It is a comfy student foot rest...that gently moves with their movement. It lets kiddos stretch their legs in a quiet and safe way. The bands themselves are heavy duty and the new and improved version does not have to be tied on the desk leg - it just slips right on! This improved version makes the Bouncy Band easy to remove and re-use.

Considering the amount of time our students spend at their desks and the rigor of today's academic work, I highly recommend a Bouncy Band for any student! Really, any student would benefit from this tool! I wish I could figure out how to put one on my large school counseling desk...I need a Bouncy Band!!!

Head on over to Bouncy Bands to read up on this really great product! 


No comments:

Post a Comment