Saturday, September 05, 2015

Stay Hydrated!

Usually the products I post about have something to do with the services we provide to our students, staff, and families. This post has nothing to do with "school stuff"....but I needed to share with you because as educators we are so busy and don't always get to grab a drink when we need one or when we'd like to. We are in the "talking" business and my-oh-my, does my throat get dry - especially at the beginning of the school year when I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. If you are looking for a new travel mug and/or water bottle, I wanted to suggest the following.

I wanted to end my frequent stops to pick up a coffee on the way to school, but, my travel mug was useless in keeping my coffee hot. The coffee was often lukewarm by the time I arrived at school. So, in search of the perfect travel mug, I came across this 16 oz. Zojirushi SM-KHE48NL stainless steel mug in Champagne Gold. The past two days I've filled it up at 7:00 a.m. and my coffee was still hot after lunch. Usually I finish my coffee much quicker, but I've been so busy the past few days that my coffee took the back seat. This item works! It is a bit on the pricey side, but does the job and will save me money in the long run. It is smaller than I thought it would be, but holds the perfect amount of coffee each morning. It easily fits in my car cup holder for my trip to school.


Likewise, I was in search of a nice-sized water bottle that would keep my water cold all day! I was so tired of drinking lukewarm ice water in the afternoon. So, I purchased the 24oz. Hydro Flask stainless steel water bottle in Green Zen and tried it out this week. It was in the 90's here and my office has been about 91 degrees the past three days. In my eyes, this was a true "coldness" test. I filled up this bottle with ice and water at 7:00 a.m. three days this past week. As of 8:30 p.m. each day I had a little bit of water left inside. I couldn't believe it, there was still ice in the water bottle and the water was still cold!!! Again, this bottle is a bit on the pricey side, but will save you a ton of money if you are a bottled water purchaser. The opening on the top is a bit small...so, only small ice cubes will fit.

Stay hydrated and enjoy!







              

No comments:

Post a Comment