Instead of doing all of the work I needed to do before returning to school tomorrow, following the Thanksgiving Break, I made this guy!
- Get some green poster board and use a pencil to free-hand the Grinch. Outline everything with a Chisel Tip Sharpie marker. I love Sharpies!! Also, the best eraser of all time is the Staedtler Mars Plastic eraser. I am NOT an artist and I do a lot of erasing. This eraser erases like magic!!! See the links below for these products on Amazon.com.
- Use fade-less construction paper to make his hat and crazy eyeballs!
- In Target's dollar section, I purchased these place-mats sometime ago. They had green polka-dots and blue/white snowflake patterns as well. At the time, I had it in my mind that I would eventually use them for some sort of signage at school.
- This is what I made using this place-mat!
- Create the Title using your word-processing program. Print on patterned cardstock and tape on the place-mat.
- Using your word-processing program, make a heart shape and add text. Print on white cardstock and tape on place-mat.
- Using your word-processing program, make directions for the kids to follow in order to take part in the "Spread Some Kindness and Grow A Heart" campaign!
- Using your word-processing program, make a sheet of hearts. Print out a bunch and cut out.
- Take to school and laminate the Grinch and the place-mat sign. Hang in the hallway. Put the paper hearts in an envelope and and hang near the Grinch.
- As the hearts start to come in, hang them up near the Grinch. Enjoy reading all the kind words!
Now go - Spread Kindness and Grow a Heart!!