Sunday, July 22, 2012

Book Organization (Part 1) - Summer Project #5

This is what my picture book closet looks like at school - A MESS!



Book organization is on my summer project list because; 1) the state of this closet is driving me nuts, 2) because I no longer know what books I have in my collection (I stopped adding to my database a few years ago), and 3) I'm tired of buying duplicate titles.

Picture Book Bin Labels - Part 1 of Book Organization

I will be adding a 2 more plastic bins (found at Target) because I've run out of space in the existing 6 bins and I wanted to add labels to them.

At the Dollar Store I found this cool patterned cardstock (one side with a print and the other side is a solid color)


At Staples, I purchased plastic name-badge covers and book rings after seeing the high cost of bin label covers and plastic rings on various school supply websites.


I created a document with various text boxes to indicate letters I wanted on each book bin label. I do tend to organize my books alphabetically by title. Click here to print out the labels on your own paper or cardstock.

Then I cut out the labels and inserted them into the name-tag holders. I attached the book rings onto the name-tag holders and then hooked the label onto the book bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment